Sunday, June 01, 2008

Day 2 - Minor progress

I got the carbs off, most of the electric. Discovered that the engine number doesn't match the frame number. :( And neither does the other engine. I'll have some work to do when I go to get title/tags. I'll tackle that when the time comes.

Also realized that I'm going to need more tools and PLENTY of GoJo.

I'm enjoying the tear-down as it is really teaching me the different parts of the engine and how things work together.

Here's what all happened:
Removed...
  • Carbs
  • Footpegs
  • Headlight
  • Bars (though I may need to put them back on to manage moving the thing around)
  • Electrics
  • Brake bar
  • Kick-starter
Left to do - pull the chain off the sprockets, pull the front end off, pull the engine out and clean/polish.

No comments: