I also got started on cleaning the cylinder block. It is quite a chore. Tried a drill-mounted paint stripper and that only got to the outsides. Tried a buffing wheel and there wasn't enough abrasives. Went back to my trusty TAL stripper - that stuff is amazing! Still, there's much more work to be done.
I gave a closer look to the cylinders since I hadn't had a chance prior. Cylinder no. 2 looks like it's got some pretty serious surface rust at the bottom end. Guess I'll have to bring them in and have some work done.
There's a pretty good shot of no. 2
No. 2 closeup
And the block before I started cleaning it: