Sunday, February 14, 2010

A bit of good news?

In the meantime, while I wait for the experts to weigh in, I figured I'd do some cleanup of the frame so we could get a closer look at those welds.

I think I got a bit of good news.

2 things - I hit one of the forks with my trusty TAL stripper and it appears that all the crud was paint. There's minimal surface rust and a few scratches, but I should be able to buff those out and get these forks looking good.



For the second bit of good news, it appears that the PO left the rear shock mounts on the frame. I never looked closely before, but I assumed that he must have ground them off - I think these are them, aren't they?



At any rate, here's the rest of the pics of the welds with the paint removed... What do you think? Considering that I'd like to do a modified brat style bike, is this frame salvageable?

Welds at the top near the old seat


Welds at the rear


More rear welds


Front welds


More front welds


Still more of the front

No comments: