Sunday, March 07, 2010

More top end work

I finally had a chance to sit and get the pistons off. I haven't gone over the rings yet, but I'm assuming that I'll probably need new ones.

I also got started on cleaning the cylinder block. It is quite a chore. Tried a drill-mounted paint stripper and that only got to the outsides. Tried a buffing wheel and there wasn't enough abrasives. Went back to my trusty TAL stripper - that stuff is amazing! Still, there's much more work to be done.

I gave a closer look to the cylinders since I hadn't had a chance prior. Cylinder no. 2 looks like it's got some pretty serious surface rust at the bottom end. Guess I'll have to bring them in and have some work done.

There's a pretty good shot of no. 2


No. 2 closeup

And the block before I started cleaning it:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude....You did alot of work here. Thank you so much for all your efforts. You did an outstanding job putting this information out for the rest of us.
jm

Bibhuti said...


Hi,
EuroExport, Inc. Custom Valve Spring Compressor is CNC machined, anodized blue, Laser engraved and made in USA.

Honda Valve Spring Compressor